ANNOUNCING: THE ART OF BREATH by Coach Reid
Who: It’s for everyone. It will hopefully assist you in managing your stress and energy levels during the day and in your workouts. It will give you the tools to regulate how you feel in all aspects of life.
- Anyone who needs to learn better pacing
- Anyone who needs to improve lactic tolerance
- Anyone who lives or works in a high stress environment.
What: To put it simply: Breathing. Looking at our breathe as the most ignored part of our fitness inside and outside of the gym.
- A clinic designed to teach how to breathe better in and out of the gym. It will give you the tools to regulate how you feel in all aspects of your life. It’s like a cheat code to feeling more in control all the time.
- Breath is what dictates whether we’re in our sympathetic (Fight or Flight) or parasympathetic (rest and digest) nervous system. Being able to tap into these systems at will is a game changer and we’re going to teach you how!
Where: Loco Main Gym
When: 3/14/20 at 10am-1130am
Why: To help your life. Nothing we do is more important or more vital than breathing. If you are not well versed in breathing, you will fail at nearly everything else.
**Tickets Available SOON! Stay Tuned!**
5:00 Seated Straddle
25 Jefferson Curls
Strategy and Briefing:
To succeed in the Rowing Test … stick to the PLAN! We have seen many 20 minute row attempts, most successful — but the fails were due to poor initial pacing.
The first 5 minutes at goal pace will feel easy … but do NOT speed up early. Be efficient with your technique to hold your pace, with each stroke identical in its perfection. This way muscles (particularly arms) won’t fatigue too early & derail you.
Keep this Aerobic for as long as possible. Be conscious of your breathing, in rhythm with your stroke. Breathe IN on the return-catch phase (at the bottom) and OUT at the top of the stroke. Stay true to your initial goal pace for at least the first 10 minutes before attempting to change it. If you are lured into too quick a pace early on, well, no take-backs.
Levels Consideration: Rowing, Flexibility
Goal: Level Up!