Congratulations to Cameron Hemphill, our August Member of the Month! Cameron has been a member of Loco since March 2021, and partakes in all of our group class offerings throughout the week. She has been extremely dedicated to her health & wellness, and we are so proud of the accomplishments she’s been able to have because of her efforts. Here’s more about Cameron!
1. How long have you been a member at Loco?
About a year and a half.
2. What is your favorite thing about being a Loco athlete?
Being a part of the community!
3. What group fitness offerings do you typically participate in at Loco? Do you have a favorite? Discuss.
All of them! I love them all and take something different from each workout, but Bootcamp has to be my favorite.
4. How would you describe the community at Loco?
Inclusive. Not only does everyone at Loco make you feel right at home, this community goes above and beyond to be inclusive of all athletes and abilities. The inclusiveness of Loco is so close to my heart as my husband is a quadriplegic. It has been so awesome for Trey and me to be able to sweat together and have all the adaptive equipment he needs, coaches that are all knowledgeable of all the adaptations to take, and members that are always there to lend a hand.
5. What advice do you have for someone who is intimidated by group fitness?
We’ve all been there! Just know that no one is looking at you or judging your movements. We are all there to improve ourselves and to support each other on the journey.
6. Favorite music to sweat to?
Rage Against the Machine and Cardi B. Pretty much Bryan’s playlists- head banging one minute, twerking the next. 🙂
7. Favorite movement/workout?
8. Is there a member of the LocoFam that inspires and motivates you to be better? Feel free to give them a shoutout!
My 9:15 Bootcamp crew!
9. Favorite post-workout meal?
Strawberry and banana smoothie with peanut butter protein powder.
10. What fitness-related goals do you have for 2022?
First unassisted pull-up!
11. Describe your athletic abilities in five words or less.
Competitive, speedy, determined, powerful.
12. Give us your background story.
Born in Columbia, SC, and raised in Charleston. I studied at Clemson University, where I also met my husband, Trey. Go Tigers! We moved to Atlanta for 8 years after school and finally made it back to Charleston last year. I work as an Interior Designer at Iola Modern, and when I’m not working or at the gym you can find me enjoying live music, eating good food, riding my bike, or sitting near a body of water!