Congratulations to our June member of the month, Laura Eddy!
Although she’s approaching her 6 months with Locomotion, we honestly can’t remember a time when Laura wasn’t there — the day just wouldn’t be right without her. She’s absolutely become a staple to our morning crew, where you’ll find her working hard on the Semi-Private Training side of things. Since joining Loco, Laura has really involved herself in our Loco Family. From everything to achieving firsts in the Loco Open a couple months ago (yay, first pull-up!) to dancing her booty off at the Flaunt Fitness Dance Party, she’s become such an integral and positive light in our community. Not to mention, she’s pushed herself to try new things even outside the gym walls, like competing in CrossFit competitions. Truly a testament to all of her hard work! We are so proud of her accomplishments and efforts, and love seeing her continue to learn new things.
Laura, we are so thankful you chose us to assist with your fitness journey – we are lucky to have you! Enjoy that parking spot out front.
Give Laura a fist bump next you see her – she’s earned it!
A little bit more about Laura in her own words :
1. How long have you been a member at Loco?
2. What is your favorite thing about being a Loco athlete?
Community and positive support #locofam 🙂
3. What group fitness offerings do you typically participate in at Loco? Do you have a favorite? Discuss.
I’m a small group training gal. I love the mixture of accountability, camaraderie, and individual instruction.
4. How would you describe the community at Loco?
Positive and supportive. Loco feels like a safe space to learn and improve while surrounded by folks who want to cheer you on along the way.
5. What advice do you have for someone who is intimidated by group fitness?
Push past the discomfort and just try it. Everyone I’ve ever chatted with has walked away and said “I’m not sure what I was afraid of.”
6. Favorite music to sweat to?
2000s hip hop party mixes… What can I say, I guess I’m nostalgic for my formative years.
7. Favorite movement/workout?
Always keen on a workout that involves a run or anything that involves squats.
8. Is there a member of the LocoFam that inspires and motivates you to be better? Feel free to give them a shoutout!
Alesya and Joy, my small group training buddies!! They are the absolute best. Coach Bryan deserves a mention for always motivating me to learn new things. Also, she may not realize it, but I look up to Coach Katie and appreciate all she does for Loco and that she is such a strong role model for the women of Loco.
9. Favorite post-workout meal?
An everything bagel with cream cheese.
10. What fitness-related goals do you have for 2023?
Continue learning, get stronger, build confidence. There are so many skills I am excited to try.
11. Describe your athletic abilities in five words or less.
Small but mighty 😉
12. Give us your background story – Try to be brief (you can talk about anything from education to career, to pets, to family, to hobbies, etc).
I’m originally from Vermont, but I’ve lived in Massachusetts, DC, and Seattle. I moved to Charleston in 2015 and have been living in Park Circle now for 6 years. When I’m not at Loco, you’ll probably see me walking around the neighborhood with my two frenchies, Barb and Peggy. I’m an introvert, so my favorite activities typically involve my couch, a cozy blanket, and my dogs.