Congratulations to Curt Mowry, our May Member of the Month! Our coaches nominated Curt because he’s been consistently showing up and putting in the hard work for a year now. He always walks in with a smile on his face as he greets everyone, and he always gives it his all!
1. How long have you been a member at Loco?
2. What is your favorite thing about being a Loco athlete?
Despite being a lifelong introvert, I confess it’s the people. The group classes are normal people just looking to be healthier and the coaches are all so friendly and welcoming. I feared I would be out of place at Loco, but discovered the opposite.
3. What group fitness offerings do you typically participate in at Loco? Do you have a favorite? Discuss.
You’ll find me in the Monday & Tuesday 4:15 boot camps and Friday morning Crossfit. PT with Coach Kristen on Wednesdays.
4. How would you describe the community at Loco?
Amazing. The coaches make really make that happen on a day-to-day basis by knowing your name and making you feel like family. They share their personal stories which are relatable, powerful, and humbling.
5. What advice do you have for someone who is intimidated by group fitness?
I was one of these people a year ago. My only experience with “working out” was in High School gym class. If you know it’s time to make a change but feels intimidated/nervous/anxious, Loco is the place for you. From the initial appointments, I was cautiously optimistic. Loco provides a positive, uplifting, and energetic atmosphere. You just have to show up.
6. Favorite music to sweat to?
Loco certainly has expanded my music palette. Prior to joining, I thought Cardi B was an energy drink.
7. Favorite movement/workout?
Nope, I hate them all. But for me, a little unpleasantness during a workout pays dividends for hours following the workout. I just feel better, and after a year I actually look forward to my group classes (which is something I never expected to confess)
8. Is there a member of the LocoFam that inspires and motivates you to be better? Feel free to give them a shoutout!
Everyone who prefers to call Tabatas “Ciabattas”.
9. Favorite post-workout meal?
The Thanksgiving Sammy at Tattooed Moose
10. What fitness-related goals do you have for 2022?
Pull-Ups & longer distance runs
11. Describe your athletic abilities in five words or less.
1) consistently 2) chosen 3) last 4) in 5) gym
12. Give us your background story.
Retired tennis player. Pilot. DIY-er. Loves fixing stuff. Sense of Humor is Everything.