2020 CROSSFIT LOCO OPEN ANNOUNCEMENT
From Coach Jay:
- WHEN: The Open kicks off in all CrossFit classes on Friday 10/11 and runs for 5 consecutive Fridays. We may have 2 coaches on duty, up the class cap, and/or add class times depending on the logistics of the WOD that week.
- SIGN-UP/COST: There is no cost to participate through Loco this time around. However, I do highly encourage you to sign up officially with CrossFit. It’s only $20 and it will help hold you accountable to showing up each week. Plus checking the leaderboard is fun. **Sign up at games.crossfit.com and join our affiliate ‘Park Circle CrossFit’.
- SCORING/LOGISTICS: We will still run heats in classes, have judges and scorecards, and get you guys AMPED. And don’t worry, we’ll still do a ridiculous weekly update show.
Points: They have nothing to do with performance this time. It’s all about showing up, making improvements, and supporting the LocoFam.
- 1 point– Show up and do any version of the WOD (scaling options always available)
- 2 points– Set a PR or do any movement for the first time (1st pull ups again?!)
- 3 points– Complete the weekly bonus. Bonuses will be released week by week and could be ANYTHING.
- TEAMS: We’re switching things up this year, and In lieu of drafting intramural captains and teams we’ll be doing AM Crew VS PM Crew. 515a, 615a, and 715a V. 12p, 4p, and 5p. Your points go to the team of whatever class time you attend that week. Friendly trash talk and general tomfoolery highly encouraged.
- FINAL EVENT: The final event will be 11/8 and you DO NOT want to miss this big ass party (link here). Friends and family (including kiddos) will also have a blast and are more than welcome. Even if you haven’t been to any of the prior weeks I encourage you to come spend some time with the LocoFam.
WONDERING WHAT THE HELL WE’RE TALKING ABOUT?: Check out this article!
Coach Carly is stoked for the Open!!!
A.) Back Squat
Build to Heavy 5, in at least 4 sets
Levels Consideration: Front Squat, Squat Endurance
B.) Trunk and Glute Accessory
3-5 Rounds for Quality:
- 10 Single Leg KB Glute Bridge (each)
- 10 GHD Situps
- 15 Hip Extensions
- 25 Hollow Rocks
Levels Consideration: Neuro and Core, Deadlift